They say the customer, or the guest, is always right. We're here to dispute that and share some stories that might prove otherwise.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Late check outs and unicorns names Larry

When you work front desk at a hotel sometimes you are prompted with questions I know my last entry was about stupid questions, but sometimes you really have to wonder where these people come from. This morning as I’m going through my normal routine when I am bombarded by soccer teams wanting late check outs. I tell them that it is our policy that we can only give out three check outs per day.

I gave them there three rooms only to find out the shift before gave out three as well. In hopes that our poor housekeepers can go home sometimes today I put a stop to these late check outs. I want to know who thought it was a good idea to give late check outs in the first place. Who in the history of hotels started giving them? Because they make life hell, and if I hear “but I am an awards member” one more time someone is going to be decked. Okay, not really I would like to keep my job. BUT Let me explain some things, and make them clear: breakfast ends at 10, the pool is open at 7 and closes at 10, No you can not take home our blankets and pillows, our fire place is off because April and not snowing, LASTLY I live in Indiana not Louisiana I don’t know where or what 49 is nor do I know how to get there.

Thus sometimes working at a hotel can have its advantages. For example this morning a little girl came up to me and wanted me to meet her pet unicorn named Larry. She also drew me a picture of Larry to thank me for letting him stay here. Larry is now hanging in my cubby next to my stash of pringles. It’s the little things like that that help me get through the day.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE ALL OF THIS ARGHHHH me too! BUT. I love the things like the unicorn girl. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Unicorn thing to lol thats the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete